1. University overview
Sichuan Agricultural University (SAU) has a long history of more than 110 years. It is a national "Project 211" key construction university and a national "Double First-Class" construction university. Being featured by biotechnology, SAU takes agricultural science and technology as its advantage, and coordinates the development of various disciplines. SAU has 26 colleges and 15 research institutes (centers), covering 10 disciplines: Agronomy, Science, Engineering, Economics, Management, Medicine, Literature, Pedagogy, Law and Art.
2. Program introduction
SAU offers Master's and doctoral programs to the international students. Besides some specialized programs are instructed in English, most of the programs are offered in Chinese or bilingually in Chinese and English. Master's programs and Doctoral programs are usually completed in 3 years. Certificates of graduation and degree will be awarded to those who have met the requirements of graduation and degree conferment.
3. Qualification of Applicants
The qualified applicant in principle should have good physical and mental health and qualified school performance.
(1) Degree requirement
(a) Applicants for Master programs should have a Bachelor degree.
(b) Applicants for Doctoral programs should have a Master degree.
(2) Language skills requirements:
(a) For programs offered in Chinese: HSK4 > 210 is required
(b) For programs offered in English：TOEFL 70 or IELTS 6.0 is required.
4. Application Schedule
Scholarship Applicants: December 22, 2018 to May 1, 2019
Self-supporting Applicants: December 22, 2018 to June 1, 2019
5. Application Procedure
Step 1: Invitation of supervisor
Applicants for master’s and doctorate studies should firstly be approved by SAU supervisor and get his Acceptance Letter.
Please refer to Research Supervisors for International Students .
Step 2: Online Application
Complete application in the Online System http://188.8.131.52/. Submit Acceptance Letter and Personal Information. Print and sign the application form produced by the system after the application status and the uploaded photo change to “verified”.
Step 3: Documents Submission online
1) Application Form with signature
2) Scholarship Application Form with signature (If applicable)
3) Acceptance Letter from host-supervisor
4) Personal statement, inclusive Personal Resume/CV, a study plan or research proposal. Doctoral program applicants also need to submit brief introduction of research experience.
5) Notarized copy of Diploma/Degree certificate. (Students who have not graduated yet shall offer Pre-graduation Certificate and academic transcript.) Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
6) Notarized copy of Academic transcript. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
7) Chinese Language Proficiency Certificate (HSK) and score report (unless a waiver is approved).
8) English Language Proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL).
9) Two academic recommendation letters in Chinese or English from scholars of associate professorship or higher (offer phone number and email address on the letter)
10) Information page of passport, and residence permit page if you are already in China.
1) In addition to the above application materials, the university may require applicant to provide supplementary materials.
2) The application is invalid if the application materials are incomplete.
Step 4：Application Fee Payment
Two ways to pay application fee: RMB 600 (non-refundable)
(1) Pay at the International Student Office of SAU in person or entrust others. Submit the copy of the Payment Receipt to ISO.
Ya’an Campus: Room 418, Comprehensive Administration Building, No.46 Xinkang Road, Yucheng District, Ya’an
Chengdu Campus: Room 606, Administration Building 1, No.211 Huimin Road, Wenjiang District, Chengdu
(2) Transfer via banks and submit Payment Receipt in the online system.
SWIFT Code: PCBCCNBJSCX
Bank Name*: CHINA CONSTRUCTION BANK CORPORATION, SICHUAN BRANCH
Bank Address*: 19/F CCB SICHUAN BUILDING, NO.86 TIDU STREET, CHENGDU 610016 P.R.CHINA
Account No: 51001837108059666666
Name*：SICHUAN AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
Bank information above in Chinese:
The international students can apply University Scholarships (SAUSO), Sichuan Government Scholarship (SGS), Chengdu Government Sister-Cities Scholarships and Chengdu Government One Belt and One Road scholarship.
Scholarship recipients must go through the Annual scholarship Review. The scholarship will be terminated if the students fail to meet the requirements in Annual Review.
To get more detailed information, please visit the scholarship website
7. Review and Examination
The admission committee will review the application documents and select applicants for admission or scholarship. The International Office will send email to admitted students and the applicants may check admission status via the Online Application System. Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) will be issued by International Students Office.
8. Visa Application and Registration
The admitted students should bring their passport, Admission Notice, Visa Application Form (JW202), and original Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners to the Embassy or Consulate of the People's Republic of China, and apply for student visa (X1 visa). Students shall come to International Students Office for registration during the dates indicated on the Admission Notice with the aforementioned documents. Students must enter Mainland China with ordinary passport, X1 visa, and must apply for Residence Permit within 30 days after arrival in China.
9. Accommodation Reservation
On-campus rooms can only be reserved for those who have successfully applied on line. There are water boilers, laundry services in the apartment. The students who fail to apply for the dorm on line need to find the accommodation off campus by themselves.
10. Costs (in RMB Yuan)
(1) Application Fee (Non-refundable): RMB 600 (90 US dollar for oversee payment)
Master's Programs: 20,000/Year
Doctoral Programs: 26,000/Year
(3) Insurance: RMB 800/year
Air-conditioner, refrigerator, microwave oven, bathroom with warm water, furniture
3, 500 yuan/bed/year
a. Bedding and towels are not supplied.
b. For each room, there is a fixed amount of free water and electricity, and the extra amount will be paid by students themselves.
(5) Other cost
Living expenses: approximately 1000-1500 Yuan/month (Depends on your personal budget)
Residence Permit: 400 Yuan/year
Physical Examination: 500 Yuan
11. Contact Information
International Students Office of Sichuan Agricultural University:
Address: Room 606, Administration Building 1, No.211 Huimin Road, Wenjiang District, Chengdu, 611130, P. R. China