1. University overview
Sichuan Agricultural University (SAU) has a long history of more than 110 years. It is a national "Project 211" key construction university and a national "Double First-Class" construction university. Being featured by biotechnology, SAU takes agricultural science and technology as its advantage, and coordinates the development of various disciplines. SAU has 26 colleges and 15 research institutes (centers), covering 10 disciplines: Agronomy, Science, Engineering, Economics, Management, Medicine, Literature, Pedagogy, Law and Art.
2. Program introduction
Sichuan Agricultural University (SAU) has 91 undergraduate programs, for international students. Besides program International Economics and Trade is instructed in English, most of the programs are offered in Chinese. Undergraduate programs are usually completed in 4 years. Certificates of graduation and degree will be awarded to those who have met the requirements of graduation and degree conferment.
3. Qualification of applicants
(1) The qualified applicant aged between 18 and 30, in good physical and mental health, and awarded a certificate of graduation from senior high school.
(2) Good Chinese language proficiency. HSK 4 or above (For the program Chinese Language and Literature applicants should pass HSK 5).
(3) For those who have given up their original Chinese nationality and become a foreign citizen, the conditions set by the Document No. 83 (2009) of the Ministry of Education of China should be met.
4. Application schedule
Scholarship applicants: November 15, 2018 to May 1, 2019
Self-supporting applicants: November 15, 2018 to June 1, 2019
5. Application procedure
Step 1: Online application
Complete application in the Online System http://188.8.131.52/. Print and sign the Application Form produced by the system after the application status and the uploaded photo change to “verified”.
Step 2: Documents submission online
(1) Application Form for International Students with signature
(2) Scholarship Application Form with signature (If applicable)
(3) Personal Resume/CV
(4) Chinese Language Proficiency Certificate (HSK)
(5) English Language Proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL)
(6) Information page of passport, and residence permit page if you are already in China.
(7) Original or notarized photocopies of senior high school diploma and transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
(8) For applicants under the age of 18 on registration day, a notarization of guarantors in China is required. The guardian of the student has to be living in Sichuan at present.
(9) Other supporting materials including sports, arts and other relevant awards and certificates.
1) In addition to the above application materials, the university may require applicant to provide supplementary materials, depending on the circumstances.
2) According to the Document No. 83 (2009) of the Ministry of Education of China, the applicants who have given up their original Chinese nationality and become a foreign citizen should submit the following documents: naturalization certificate, proof of cancellation of the original Chinese citizen, photocopy of the passport pages with exit and entry stamps for the recent four years, proof of study abroad in the recent two years.
Step 3：Application fee payment
Two ways to pay application fee (non-refundable): RMB 600 (or U.S. Dollar 90 for overseas payment)
(1) Pay at the International Student Office of SAU in person or entrust others. Submit the copy of the Payment Receipt to ISO.
Ya’an Campus: Room 425, Comprehensive Administration Building
Chengdu Campus: Room 606, Administration Building 1
(2) Transfer via banks and submit Payment Receipt in the online system.
SWIFT Code: PCBCCNBJSCX
Bank Name*: CHINA CONSTRUCTION BANK CORPORATION, SICHUAN BRANCH
Bank Address*: 19/F CCB SICHUAN BUILDING, NO.86 TIDU STREET, CHENGDU 610016 P.R.CHINA
Account No: 51001837108059666666
Name*：SICHUAN AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
Bank information above in Chinese:
6. Entrance examination
(1). Agronomy Specialty: written tests include Chinese、Math and Chemistry.
(2) Economics and Management Specialty: written tests include Chinese and Math.
(3) Science and Engineering Specialty: written tests include Chinese, Math, Physics and Chemistry.
(4) Humanities Specialty: written tests include Chinese and China’s Panorama.
★ Note: The applicants for the exemption of written test should complete online application and materials submission as soon as possible in the aforementioned schedule. Before May 1, 2019, the applicants will be notified whether or not the exemption is proved.
The international students can apply University Scholarships (SAUSO), Sichuan Government Scholarship (SGS), Chengdu Government Sister-Cities Scholarships and Chengdu Government “The Belt and Road” Scholarship.
Scholarship recipients must go through the annual scholarship review. The scholarship will be terminated if the students fail to meet the requirements in annual review.
To get more detailed information, please visit the scholarship website.
8. Inquiry and admission notice
The applicants who pass the examination or interview and be approved by Sichuan Agricultural University International Student Admission Committee will be finally admitted. Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) will be issued by International Students Office. Prior to this, the International Office will send email to admitted students and the applicants may check admission status via the Online Application System.
9. Visa application and registration
The admitted students should bring their passport, Admission Notice, Visa Application Form (JW202), and original Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners to the Embassy or Consulate of the People's Republic of China, and apply for student visa (X1 visa). Students shall come to International Students Office for registration during the dates indicated on the Admission Notice with the aforementioned documents. Students must enter Mainland China with ordinary passport, X1 visa, and must apply for Residence Permit within 30 days after arrival in China.
10. Accommodation reservation
On-campus rooms can only be reserved for those who have successfully applied on line. There are water boilers, laundry services in the apartment. The students who fail to apply for the dorm on line need to find the accommodation off campus by themselves.
11. Costs (in RMB Yuan)
(1) Application fee (Non-refundable): RMB 600 (90 US dollar for overseas payment)
(2) Tuition fee: RMB 16,000/Year
(3) Insurance: RMB 800/year
Air-conditioner, refrigerator, microwave oven, bathroom with warm water, furniture
3, 500 Yuan/year
a. Bedding and towels are not supplied.
b. For each room, there is a fixed amount of free water and electricity, and the extra amount will be paid by students themselves.
(5) Other cost
Living expenses: approximately 1000-1500 Yuan/month (Depends on your personal budget)
Residence Permit: 400 Yuan/year
Physical Examination: 500 Yuan
12. Contact information
International Students Office of Sichuan Agricultural University:
Address: Room 606, Administration Building 1, No.211 Huimin Road, Wenjiang District, Chengdu, 611130, P. R. China